Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tuesdays With Johnny

Or Johnny GaGa as we like to call him.



Remember how last week we snuck off on a Tuesday for some epic radness? Well were makin a weekly thing until the summer runs out.


Today Johnny Gaga (JGG), Francois, and I headed south to ride the famous single track of the Monarch Crest Trail. Frank, who has a steady job, was trying to figure a way to play hookie today so he could come with us. I took the direct approach, told his boss what was up, and he gave the green light to Frankie's well needed day of "Product Testing" . (See, Bike Shop Boss, look how much fun he's having)



Then it happened. Any epic ride with JGG is guaranteed at least 2 breaks for flat tires. (sometimes more) And usually, they happen within 50 yards of each other. So why do I look so bummed in this picture? I thought we had beaten the curse, and #1 let me know #2 was right around the corner.


Like clockwork. Moments after we fixed the first one... Better call in 'The Professional' this time. This is NO JOKE, luckily I have documented JGG's curse many times... look at the last time we went on an epic ride!


Fortunately, Francois got him rolling and in no time he was back to being himself.


If you have never ridden Monarch Crest, go now! So much fun. The terrain is constantly changing. From this,


To this,


To this.


It's like a Best-Of-Colorado-Sampler all jammed in to 32 miles. Oh and then I find this!



If you don't know about me and the Rainbow, do your homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment