Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

Jake, you should stick to racing bikes. You're pretty good at that. You're a crappy photographer. You really failed to capture the essence of the moment with this "podium" shot.


On the rare occasion I win a medal, I have a very strict post-race ritual that I like to follow. Last night was no exception. Remove shirt, wear medal, plant butt on couch, find some bad TV, and stay up too late drinking PBR from my Hulk Hand koozie.
The Wheel of Fortuna must have totally been shining on me yesterday because not only did I have a great race (Copper, Mountain States Cup, 3rd in SS) But I won the raffle too! Walking in to the awards ceremony Jake, the terrible photographer, asked me if my fork was still broken. We talked about how I really need a new one and my reasoning for why he should buy it for me. He disagreed. But karma didn't and I won a Fox fork of my choosin!


Both Eric and Baker had double podium weekends. But the below picture of baker is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. See Jake, THIS is how you get the podium / 'stoke your mom' shot.

And I forgot to post this from the 'Romp the Runway' race. Big Mark, Pam and I in the best picture ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment