Friday, October 2, 2009

Now You've Done It



This seemed like a good idea at the time. Now I'm totally freaked out. First 24 hour solo race, I don't really have much support, and I registered single speed. Oh well, this will be quite the "Last Hurrah" for our little summer project. Did I mention Pam won't be at the race? Do I need to mention how stoked she is I'm spending this $ to go race all night like an idiot while she stays here and works? Didn't need to? OK, moving forward.

I'm already experiencing Moab nightmares and nervous poos... the race is a week away.

So I'm looking for volunteers who may be interested in helping support me. Duties may include: Motivational speaking; Tear wiping; Preparation of hot meals; Serving of cold beers; Chamois Butter application; Updating Pam hourly; Council me through delusions; Camp fire tending; Foot massage; Dry sock changing; Spoon feeding me; Driving me home after race; and etc.

4 comments:

  1. I'm interested. I'm working out my schedule to see if it's feasible. If so, I will be hangin with you and the BOA Technology teams. I have great fire tending skills, wet sock removal skills, and can serve cold beer with the best of them. I have also been known to handle myself with great dignity under pressure in front of the bicycle stand. I'll let you know if I'm going to make it. The fact that you are racing solo SS makes me want to be there even more! Talk to you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT THE F, YOU HAVE TWO MECHANICS AND A PARAMEDIC PRETTY MUCH DEDICATED TO YOUR CRAZY ASS. SOMETIMES I WONDER IF I HAVE THE ENERGY TO BE YOUR FRIEND. I'M GONNA MAKE YOU SWEET ASS OATMEAL AND CHILI DOGS, FIX YOUR STUPID ASS SINGLE SPEED BIKES, AND THIS IS THE THANKS I GET. F'ED UP.

    FCD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheeesh,,, sensitive. I was kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always said you're a jerk. You just proved it.

    ReplyDelete