Monday, October 5, 2009

The Last Hurrah

Oh man it's been a great summer. I'm watching it snow out my window and reflecting on how great the past few months have been. I can't believe how fortunate I am. While I didn't "work" so much, I'm sure that I will remember this one forever. The time I got to spend with my wife was priceless. We had a blast riding our bikes about 1,000,000 miles, and raising a little money / awareness for a great cause.

Originally, 24 Hours of Moab was something we wanted to do as a duo. I figured that would be a great way to end our summer fundraising efforts. Unfortunately, things changed a little and Pam won't be able to race this year. So I'm racing solo. If you REALLY don't have anything going on on a Saturday night, you can even follow along in realtime by clicking here.

If you've though of supporting us in the way of a donation to First Descents in the past, this is our last push. Some people support by mileage, hours, or even by how well I finish. It's up to you. So, if you're one of the few that committed to donating, but haven't had the opportunity, it's time to get on my wheel. Yeah we'll still be riding and traveling to race, (Wisconsin and Kentucky the next 2 weekends) but I'll be taking a little break from here while we're on the road.
Since my last post people are coming out of the woodwork to help at the race. Thanks! (And if you are the kind that reads comments, you'd think I'm a terrible friend)

Some Loose ends. Had an awesome weekend racing 'cross in Frisco. It's pretty much you can have on a bike. And the best part? It's over quick. The 'Big Dumb Animal' even came out to race on his 15 year old, never tuned, death-trap, bald tire bike. I'll post a picture of this thing later,,, it takes "Run what ya brung" to a whole new level.

And this pic of Pam that managed to slip through the Durango cracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment